These conditions are legally binding. Once you continue with the booking process you will be deemed to be in acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. It is agreed that the terms set out in this contract is the total agreement made between JMB Videos and the person signing the contract referred to from here as ‘The client’, and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless changes to it for an individual project is agreed by both parties in writing.
2. As standard, your video will contain background music chosen and supplied by JMB Videos. In the event that clients would like to supply their own choice of music, same will be added free of charge. It is the clients responsibility to obtain and/or pay for any licence or permission required from the appropriate authorities to cover their supplied music and in such cases the client will indemnify JMB Videos against any liability that may occur for breach of copyright. Furthermore, The clients undertake that everyone performing at the event(s) will be informed that their performance may be recorded for the purpose of inclusion in the video and the client will ensure that the written consent of all such persons will be obtained if necessary.
3. In the unlikely event that JMB Videos cannot fulfil this contract, JMB Videos only liability will be to refund in full any monies already paid by the client. JMB Videos shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses incurred by the client as a result.
4. It is the responsibility of the client to obtain advance permission from the relevant authorities to allow JMB Videos record the event in the manner we need. Whilst every effort will be made to obtain the best audio & video footage, JMB videos cannot be held responsible if the standard of either is below our usual quality, or required footage from any part of the event is unobtainable, due to restrictions imposed which are outside our control.
5. The client understands and accepts that footage recorded will be as the videographer’s professional expertise determines. Although every effort will be made to comply with the client’s wishes, special requests are not binding instruction. The editor of your video shall be granted complete artistic licence in relation to the final edit and while any requests sent to JMB Videos in writing before the edit begins will be taken into consideration, it may not always be possible to comply with such requests. Once the edit is completed, any changes thereafter which are requested by the client purely for aesthetic reasons will be charged as an extra based on the work & expenses involved.
6. It is the responsibility of the client to provide JMB Videos with all the information necessary to complete the project, not later than 14 days before recording begins. It is also the responsibility of the client to ensure this information is correct, and that JMB Videos are notified of any subsequent changes to the info already supplied. Any extra work required, or expenses incurred by JMB Videos as a result of incorrect information being provided to us will be billed to the client in addition to the price already agreed for the contract. Providing JMB Videos with accurate address/time information for the event is the sole responsibility of the client.
7. All photographs and audio that is supplied to JMB Videos electronically or otherwise for inclusion in the edit must be submitted to us at least 14 days before recording begins, and all digital files must be in a format acceptable by JMB Videos (.jpeg for photographs /.cda .wma or .mp3 for audio). JMB Videos will always take special care to ensure the safety such items, but the client understands that they are provided solely at the clients own risk and JMB Videos cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur to the clients property while in our possession.
8. Unless otherwise agreed JMB Videos standard time for delivery of the product this contract relates to will not exceed 60 days from the date recording is completed. This is on the condition that all material being supplied by the client for inclusion has been made available to us no later than 14 days before recording begins. JMB Videos will not accept responsibility in cases where delivery time exceeds this target due to circumstances beyond our control.
9. As standard all videos are delivered online unless delivery on physical media is agreed at the time of booking. For online delivery it is the clients responsibility to download and backup their digital files to suitable long term storage when the link is received. Delivery is deemed to have taken place once the link is sent for online delivery, or the physical media handed over in cases where a physical product was agreed. JMB videos will hold data used to produce the clients project for 14 days after the product is delivered and any complaints about the product must be sent to JMB Videos in writing within this 14 days. Provided that we receive such notification within this period, JMB videos will make every attempt possible to rectify the problem to the customers satisfaction, however we cannot accept responsibility where these problems arise due to malfunction of the clients equipment, incorrect information being supplied to us, or other issues beyond our control. No communication from the client during this 14 day period will be taken as confirmation that the client is happy with the product. In this case, project files will be deleted from our system and no changes can be requested or complaints cannot be dealt with after those files are deleted.
10. If you have viewed one of our demos or online samples, this is shown in order to demonstrate our style of work. JMB Videos cannot guarantee that the content of your finished video will be exactly the same as the demo. By entering into this contract, the client grants JMB Videos permission to use images and audio from the recording for promotional purposes unless otherwise agreed at least 14 days before recording begins. All images and audio recorded by JMB Videos for production of your video remain the property of JMB Videos at all times under current Irish copyright laws.
11. JMB Videos will do everything possible to ensure that your edited video is of a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to anomalous reflectance caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials especially man-made fibres. Unusually low or extremely bright lighting as well as poor quality/mix of lighting in certain venues can sometimes lead to lower quality images being produced or a colour balance that may appear different on screen. It is sometimes impossible to record the exact colour as seen by the human eye and JMB Videos are not responsible where this happens due to issues outside our control.
12. If any disturbance or altercation arises on or near the premises where recording is taking place which causes your videographer(s) to feel threatened, physically or verbally abused, or feel that continuing to record could put us or our equipment at risk, the videographer/team on the day have the right to cut short the recording and leave immediately without giving notice. In such cases no refunds will be given and any outstanding balance for the full value of the contract must be paid by the client.
13. As standard your videographers break time on the day of recording will be for of 90 minutes from when hotel staff /caterers start serving your main meal. No recording will take place during this break and a hot meal must be provided for the videographer/s at this time. Bar food is perfect so long as the bar is easily accessible from the area where your own meal is being served. If there are any special events taking place during your meal time which you would like recorded it must be agreed with JMB Videos at least 14 days in advance, and in such cases a hot meal must be provided for the videographer(s) in the ballroom or function room where the said event is taking place. If it becomes necessary for the videographer(s) to leave the venue in order to obtain a hot meal, you will be made aware on the day. If this situation occurs the break time will be 120 minutes from when you are informed and no recording will be possible during this time.
14. On occasions and without notice it may be necessary for the camera operator originally specified to be substituted by another equally qualified professional. Also, from time to time JMB Videos may be accompanied by an assistant/ trainee without prior notice unless requested not to by the client at least 14 days before the event.
15. Our standard booking fee is €200 to secure any date and the remaining balance to be paid in full on or before the first day of recording unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking. Any charges for extra services such as extended coverage that is decided on the day, can be paid after the event but must be cleared before delivery of the finished product. The booking fee is non refundable and in the event of a cancellation, JMB Videos must be notified in writing immediately in order to avoid further charges. If the client fails to notify JMB Videos of any cancellation or if the client cancels the services of JMB Videos less than 30 days prior to the date of the event, the client must pay the full balance agreed at the time of booking.
16. The Courts of the Republic of Ireland shall be the courts with jurisdiction over this agreement.
17. Any failure by JMB Videos to enforce any or all of these conditions shall not be interpreted to be a waiver of our rights. By contracting with JMB Videos for an event you are agreeing to these conditions.